Author Archives: simplytrendy
Do you ever lay out an outfit and wonder just how to accessorize it perfectly? What about when you are in a store, and you love a dress, but you are just not sure if that gorgeous necklace you bought last week will be the right style or length to go with it. Well fear no more, because we have the answers!
Follow our handy cheat sheet guides below to take the guesswork out of accessorizing!
Choosing the perfect necklace for your neckline:
Another great reference is this necklace length guide:
As always, at Simply Trendy Jewelry we are here to help answer any questions you may have. Check out our weekly daily deals on our facebook page for the most up to date and trendy necklaces at huge discounted prices. click here to see what’s new this week.
We have all heard the rules of fashion, some passed down from generation to generation and some we from our friends, but the fact is, alot of those so called fashion rules are outdated, untrue and just plain silly. Here are a few of our favorites rules that were made to be broken.
No white after Labor Day and Before Easter:
Here is one rule just begging to be broken. Think winter white! These days, white is all over the runway spring, summer, winter or fall. The rule just does not apply anymore. White clothes and accessories come in appropriate fabrics for the season and look great on everyone. White has a tendency to brighten your face and let’s face it everyone can use a little brightening in those long winter months.
Gold and Silver should never be worn together: In actuality, both gold and silver metals are considered neutral and love amazing together. For a great tip on wearing both together, consider an odd grouping, for instance two gold metal bangles with one silver bangle. It will balance out the look and gives it a modern twist.
I admit, I fall prey to this one all the time, but experts tell us its all about how the stripe is worn. If you are concerned about your mid section, wear a thicker stripe that has a more relaxed fit.
Short women should never wear long dresses:
The truth is, it’s not really about the length of the dress, it’s more about the print. Stick to a streamlined look in a solid color. A bold pattern can swallow you up and is not flattering to short women.
Navy and black should never be worn together:
This is one I can remember my mother telling me all the time. Back then blue jeans and a black shirt was a big no no. Navy and black are actually both neutral colors and look great together. The key is to accessorize with some texture, pattern or color.
What’s your thoughts on the above rules? We would love to hear from you.
As women we are often overworked, tired and stressed out, and sometimes we just don’t feel very beautiful. At Simply Trendy Jewelry, we have compiled a list of some tried and true secret beauty trips and tricks you just gotta try to give yourself a boost and look your best. Some we have tried ourselves, and some have come from readers at Cosmopolitan magazine and In Style magazine.
Read the tips below and let us know if you have tried any of these? We would love to know what you think. We would also like to hear about any unusual tips you may have.
1) Do your eyelashes need some help, but you don’t have an eyelash curler? Try this trick to make your eyelashes stand out. Here is how, use your everyday mascara and after brushing it on, take your pointer finger and place it under your top lashes and push up gently. This will separate and make your lashes look longer. Voila instant drama.
2) Do you have puffy under eye circles? Try this tip from a dermatologist at Skinworks, wash, peel and slice a raw potato and place a slice on each eye for 10 minutes. Rinse the eye area gently with lukewarm water after the time is up. The potato according to Dr. frances Jang acts as an astringent that decreases water retention and contains an enzyme catalase to lighten dark circles.
3) Do you have wild eyebrows that you just can’t tame? Take an old clean toothbrush and spritz a little hairspray on it. Brush your brows into your desired style and they will stay put!
4) Got cellulite? Try this weird trick that supposedly works. Use coffee grounds as a body scrub. It’s a great way to get rid of dead skin and stimulate skin cells.
5) Love those new shoes, but those blisters are killer? Try rubbing a little vaseline to reduce friction and dance the night away.
6) Did that pimple pop up right before your big night? Try dabbing a little toothpaste on it before you go to bed. The toothpaste will dry it out. For an even more potent dab, use a toothpaste that has baking soda in it.
7) Static electricity got you down and your hair up? A great tip to get rid of static hair is to take a dryer sheet and rub it on your hair. Instant fix.
8) Are you out of makeup remover and just too tired to go to the store? Try olive oil. It’s gentle, full of vitamins and works great to take off that makeup.
9) No time to wash your hair? Refresh your hair and have clean looking gorgeous locks with baby powder. For the best results, use a big makeup brush and brush on your roots. Finish with your regualr hairbrush to remove any excess.
10) Did your favorite eyeliner get all crumbly? Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes before you use it and it will go on smooth.
Our flash sale will feature items such as personalized monogram flip flops, monogram makeup bags, monogram necklaces and much much more.
You don’t want to miss this sale. Everything will be discounted and FREE SHIPPING is included.
Find out more by visiting us at : http://on.fb.me/1d2OyL5
At Simply Trendy Jewelry we think accessorizing your outfit is the key to looking fabulous. But who wants to spend a fortune on fashion jewelry and accessories? Not us that’s for sure! So we have come up with the greatest invention of all time (ok, we didn’t invent it, but it is pretty cool!) We have introduced a new way for our customers to shop for the latest and the greatest, have fun and save big!
Sounds good right? Well here is how it works…
It’s called a FIXED PRICE AUCTION and Every Wednesday and Sunday evening at about 7:30pm ET we will hold a sale on our facebook page where we will feature about 20 to 30 featured items at huge discounted prices. What’s the catch you ask? Good question. The only catch is that each item will have limited quantities at that price and the first people to comment with a “SOLD” in the comment section of the item’s photo will WIN that item. Did we mention that we also include FREE SHIPPING? Pretty sweet huh.
So by now you are probably thinking that sounds great, but how the heck do you pay for something on facebook and is it safe? Not only is it safe, but it is easy too. Our sales are hooked up to a site called “Soldsie” which allows you to pay via paypal (even if you don’t have a paypal account, you can still pay via credit card) and your payment is transmitted just like any other internet sale. Once you comment “SOLD” and include your email address, an invoice will be emailed to you and you will have 24 hours to pay for the item.
Want to learn more about Simply Trendy Jewelry’s fixed price auctions? Check us out on our facebook page at: www.facebook.com/simplytrendyjewelryprivatesale
I thought I would take a moment today to let you know a little about me and tell you about how I started Simply Trendy Jewelry. Like many of you I am a mom/wife first and a business owner second. I have three awesome kids (although while I am writing this they have interrupted 3x already) and a great husband who has been extremely supportive of my dreams, even when he thought I was crazy.
In my past life (before kids), I was a hospital administrator working crazy hours and living a carefree life. Then the kids came and that lifestyle just didn’t work anymore. I have always had a passion for fashion and jewelry and while my kids were little, I began to dabble in selling jewelry through ebay and at home parties. As my kids got older and were in school all day my home business/ebay business grew as did my desire to take this business to the next step. It was in 2011 that Simply Trendy Jewelry was born.
Fast forward to 2014 and www.simplytrendyjewelry.com continues to grow and this past January we began a new and exciting undertaking. FLASH SALES on Facebook. Find us at: http://on.fb.me/1d2OyL5 to learn more about our chic and trendy accessory flash sales on Wednesday and Sunday’s at 7:30 Pm EST
We thank our wonderful customers for all your support and look forward to a fabulous 2014 together.
Shop our great selection of trendy personalized bracelets, monogram necklaces in many styles including sterling silver and 18K gold plated jewelry.
TAKE 20% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER
USE PROMO CODE: CHIC at checkout
**HURRY THIS OFFER EXPIRES 11/16/13